Re: PowerBook G4 12"

On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 08:04:14PM -0800, Logan Airth wrote:
> Thank you all for your excellent information. My apologies regarding the lack
> of information on my platform. For those that care but about it, I am running
> a PowerBook G4, 1.33Ghz. with 60gB HD and the nVidia Geforce Go 5200/ 64mB.

Then we have the exact same model :-)

Well -- except that I replaced my hard disk at one point, and I now have
a 120G disk.

> The outcome of the install is quite good. I ended up installing Lenny
> with my only issues arising from the install of the Broadcom wireless
> drivers. The repository had a package for the drivers, however when
> getting the drivers with apt-get the package was suprisingly broken as
> the package attempted to download further data from a external source
> that no long existed..

Hm, strange. Is there a bug report open on that issue? If not, it'd
probably be nice if you could file one.

[...]
> Lastly I was able to get some right-click functionality by mapping my
> middle and right click to F11 and F12. I am happy to say that the
> overall experience took maybe two and a half hours, but I am by no
> means a vetern.

Heh.

Personally, I just use an external USB mouse.

  -- #debian-devel, Freenode, 2004-09-22