Installation freezes

I've recently been trying to install the latest copy of DebianPPC on
an old G4.  The install disk boots, finds the network, partitions the
hardrive, and begins dowloading files from the mirror.  However, once
it finishes downloading the last file the system simply stops the
installation.  The computer seems to be working, I can for instance do
an Alt-F2 to get a new shell and poke around in the system.  It is
just the install that has stopped.  Any suggestions?

--
- Wayde