Re: Problems with Debian PowerPC

On Dec 16, 2009, at 10:38 PM, Frans Pop wrote:

Again, there is *nothing* wrong with the installer here. We welcome reports of issues with installations of testing, but issues with sid are seldom
caused by problems in the installer.

If you say so, I have to agree that there is *nothing* wrong with the installer.

But that doesn't mean that there is nothing wrong, period.

I have listed several problems that exist in Sid and Squeeze, some of which prevent successful installation (even though there is nothing wrong with the installer).

These problems will not fix themselves.

And they won't get fixed if nobody brings them up in public.

I'm just bringing them up so they can get fixed.

I'm sorry if cross-posting it to debian-boot has offended you, Franz. Please accept my apology.

Rick