Problems with Debian PowerPC

Debian on PowerPC seems to be in trouble...

1) The daily d-i CDImage for PowerPC hasn't been updated since Dec 12th.
	http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/daily-builds/daily/arch-latest/powerpc/iso-cd/

2) Even if it were updated, it still would not be possible to install Debian Sid on PowerPC due to the lack of a linux-image package more up- to-date than 2.6.30. This problem has existed for several weeks.

3) When I install a "graphical desktop environment" with Squeeze using the above d-i images, I get a system that is missing almost all of gnome due to un-resolvable dependency conflicts.

Can anything be done about to fix this? What can I (as a user, non- developer, but willing tester) do to help?

Rick