Re: Booting from USB Drive

Hi, Shawn.

On Oct 02 2009, Shawn H Corey wrote:
> Is there any way to get it to boot from USB drive.

I don't really know, but can you use a firewire device instead? If so,
that would be supported by a good amount of Macs.

> I can set it up but I need the correct initrd.gz to make it work.

Well, you can boot a specific kernel with a specific initrd via yaboot
directly from OF, if you need it.

Branden's instructions to install Debian without (temporary) physical
media uses this method of booting.

Hope this helps, Rogério Brito.