Re: airport with wpa

Hi Bob,

On Mon, Sep 07, 2009 at 10:26:11AM -0600, Bob Lounsbury wrote:
> Looks like I'll probably just continue to use WEP until Lenny or the next
> stable release uses the proper kernel. Otherwise, I'll have to pin the kernel
> down.

You can use a backported 2.6.30 kernel image package via backports.org, as
described in the procedure.  These packages are already pinned to 1 by use of
"NotAutomatic: yes" in the repository's Release files.

> Also, the wiki didn't mention anything about network-manager which is what I
> would like to use for network connections,

The procedure links to http://wiki.debian.org/WiFi/HowToUse where appropriate,
where wireless interface configuration using NetworkManager is described.
There is nothing specific to the orinoco driver in this regard.

Geoff