Re: Proper partitioning

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 10:10:12PM +0800, Jason Hsu wrote:
> What are the appropriate partitions for using Debian on a PowerPC?
> So far, my partitioning experience has been limited to Puppy Linux
> and Damn Small Linux on a PC.  Does a PowerPC require certain things
> that a PC does not?

Don't know what specific model you use, but IIRC, this page - earlier
I think it was hosted somewhere else - helped me a lot on 2 differnet
Powerbooks:

http://neugierig.org/content/tibook/ibook.html

> What partitions are you using on your PowerPC?

# /sbin/mac-fdisk -l /dev/hda
/dev/hda
        #                    type name                  length   base      ( size )  system
/dev/hda1     Apple_partition_map Apple                     63 @ 1         ( 31.5k)  Partition map
/dev/hda2         Apple_Bootstrap untitled                1954 @ 64        (977.0k)  NewWorld bootblock
/dev/hda3         Apple_UNIX_SVR2 root                58593751 @ 2018      ( 27.9G)  Linux native
/dev/hda4         Apple_UNIX_SVR2 swap                 4296876 @ 308284932 (  2.0G)  Linux swap
/dev/hda5         Apple_UNIX_SVR2 home               249689163 @ 58595769  (119.1G)  Linux native

Block size=512, Number of Blocks=312581808
DeviceType=0x0, DeviceId=0x0

HTH

Best Regards
Wolfgang