Re: Complete Screen Shut-off on iMac g4 FlowerPot?

On Wed, 2009-08-12 at 23:59 +0200, José JORGE wrote:
> A Wednesday 12 August 2009 20:45:38, Bryan Moore escreveu:
> > Is there anyway to completely turn-off the screen on my iMac g4 FlowerPot
> > running Debian Testing? I've already tried the "xset dpms force off" method
> > to no avail (thanks to bor_ed on the irc channel).
>
> I suppose it is a model with no fan on the CPU, so it uses the heat of the
> monitor to recycle air around the CPU. So, you cannot turn off the screen of
> the G4 iMACs without suspending to RAM (can it?) the Debian system (this is
> what MacOS 9 does on my system).

Wrong iMac.  The G4 iMacs have the LCD screen on a swing arm.  Unless
the OP meant a G3 Flower Power.  The G3 iMacs do turn off the screen.
AFAIK this powers off the CRT as in other modern CRT monitors.  Normally
this is done by the Energy saver software, I don't know how it could be
done by other means.

--
Clark Martin
Redwood City, CA