Re: Complete Screen Shut-off on iMac g4 FlowerPot?

A Wednesday 12 August 2009 20:45:38, Bryan Moore escreveu:
> Is there anyway to completely turn-off the screen on my iMac g4 FlowerPot
> running Debian Testing? I've already tried the "xset dpms force off" method
> to no avail (thanks to bor_ed on the irc channel).

I suppose it is a model with no fan on the CPU, so it uses the heat of the
monitor to recycle air around the CPU. So, you cannot turn off the screen of
the G4 iMACs without suspending to RAM (can it?) the Debian system (this is
what MacOS 9 does on my system).