Re: make-kpkg and uImage/cuImage.*

Hi Rogério,

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 18:40:06 -0300
> Von: "Rogério Brito" <rbrito@ime.usp.br>
> An: debian-powerpc@lists.debian.org
> Betreff: Re: make-kpkg and uImage/cuImage.*

> Hi, Gerhard.
>
> On Jul 31 2009, Gerhard Pircher wrote:
> > I'm trying to build a Debian kernel package for my AmigaOne which uses
> > "cuImage" kernel images. Unfortunately make-kpkg doesn't seem to
> > support U-boot images yet. Thus I would like to know, if somebody is
> > working on/or has a concept for implementing uImage support in
> > make-kpkg.
>
> Yes, I miss support for that too.
There is another powerpc platform besides the AmigaOne, which boots with
U-boot images and thus would benefit from an enhanced kernel-package.
If I may ask: are you planning to get the kurobox devices officially
supported by Debian?

> I have already filed a bug against kernel-package, but I'm not sure if
> Manoj is working on it (or if he has already included hooks for
> that---if that's the case, I would love to know about the
> functionality).
AFAICT the changelog doesn't mention any U-boot image support.
Which hooks are you thinking about? I took a look at the kernel-package
source code, but couldn't get a complete picture of its inner workings
yet.

> Anyway, here is a quick'n'dirty script that I've built for cross
> compiling kernels and generating uimages. Please notice that you will
> need to install uboot-mkimage for the script to work.
>
> If you make some improvements, please let me know and share the code.
Thanks for the script! I think I just have to add a line, which copies
over the cuImage.* file (the script already invokes the kernel build
process with "make all", so everything should be in place).

Thanks!

Gerhard