Re: No rt2870sta module in linux-image-2.6.29-2-powerpc?

On Thu, 4 Jun 2009 00:26:08 +1000
Geoff Simmons <gsimmons@gsimmons.org> wrote:

> Hi Amit,
>
> On Tue, Jun 02, 2009 at 05:55:24PM -0700, Amit Uttamchandani wrote:
> > I'm trying to set up the Belkin Wireless USB adapter on a PowerBook G4
> > running Squeeze.
> >
> > I followed the instructions on http://wiki.debian.org/rt2870sta and
> > installed the 2.6.29-2 image. However, I can't seem to load the
> > rt2870sta module.
> >
> > Is the module not built for powerpc kernels?
>
> The RT2870 driver currently in staging is x86-only, which is why no rt2870sta
> module is available in Debian powerpc kernel images:
>
>   config RT2870
>       tristate "Ralink 2870 wireless support"
>       depends on USB && X86 && WLAN_80211
>       ---help---
>         This is an experimental driver for the Ralink 2870 wireless chip.
>
> I'll amend the wiki page to indicate this.
>
> Geoff

I compiled the rt2x00 kernel branch from source. This includes support
for rt2870.

I am still trying to get it to connect, although I think this is now a
basic networking problem rather than a driver issue. Since I can
connect to WLAN networks.

Thanks,
Amit