Update: [Re: Sound not working on PowerPC Macs?]

On May 24, 2009, at 5:33 PM, Rick Thomas wrote:

Adding snd-powermac to /etc/modules gets rid of the errors at boot time from /etc/init.d/alsa-utils.

But it doesn't fix the "no sound" problem.

With snd-powermac installed, and with an external speaker plugged into the "headphone" jack on the back of the computer. I can get sound, but *only* from the onboard speaker. The external speaker (looks like "headphone") remains silent.

Very peculiar!

If I were to file a bug report, which package should I file it against?

Thanks!

Rick