Re: mplayer as a stream server [was: Re: VLC Illegal Instruction]

Wolfgang Pfeiffer wrote:
> Looks like the documentation at least, for vlc, in the regard as
> mentioned, is better than for mplayer. But there actually seems to be
> a stream server in the mplayer sources. Excerpt from
>
> ./mplayer-checkout-2009-04-29/TOOLS/README:
> [cut]
> I haven't used this part of mplayer until now, so I don't know anything
> about its usability ...
>
> But I'd be curious if it works, and how good - so be free to let me know
> if you know more ...

As I was replying I thought that mplayer might have something similar
bur I've never seen this being mentioned anywhere on the Net, eg. HOWTO.
Streaming in VLC on the other hand is there for quite some time now and
it is easy accessible.

Anyway, it's good to see that mplayer (will be able to do|does) that as
well.

Cheers,
--
Raf