Xorg does not detect nvidia card

Under Etch this worked fine with a minor modification but...
under Lenny, clean install on Power Mac G4, the contents of the file /etc/X11/xorg.conf indicate only generic devices are employed for keyboard, mouse, video and monitor.  The install should have detected my Nvidia GeForce 2 MX card and allowed me to edit the item that was problematic under Etch.

How can I force Lenny to detect the video card and monitor, as Etch did?

  - Chris; Rochester, New York