Re: Does someone use grub?

On Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 10:08:59PM +0000, Jörg Sommer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> does someone of you use grub on PowerPC? I thought about replacing yaboot
> by grub, but a deeper look showed I have to do stuff by hand, i.e. it
> misses a default configuration. Is it worth to do it? Is grub better than
> yaboot? Can grub boot OS X and from CD, i.e. that what enablecdboot in
> yaboot offers?
>
> I found this page containing some informations in the net:
> http://grub.enbug.org/TestingOnPowerPC

I tried grub2 out about a year or so ago.  It had no way to boot
OS X, and it failed to boot Linux as well (just froze up, I can't
remember the details).  This was on a G4 Mac Mini.

Things may well have improved for the better since then--I just
went back to yaboot since I was more interested in having a
working system than playing with bootloaders.

Regards,
Roger

--
  .''`.  Roger Leigh