Re: Debian on a pSeries Power6 anyone?

On Thu, Mar 05, 2009 at 11:12:12PM +0300, Wartan Hachaturow wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 10:06 PM, Frank Fegert <fra.nospam.nk@gmx.de> wrote:
>
> > As you can see from the commented entry for "root=" in yaboot.conf
> > i already tried using the non-dm-multipathed devices, but this wasn't
> > the cause of the problem.
>
> That looks pretty strange.
> I presume you're absolutely sure you don't accidentaly have your /boot
> on LVM? :)

Yes, as a matter of fact /boot is on / and outside LVM, but all on
DM-devices for multipathing. /usr, /var, /opt, /home, reside on LVM.

> Is yaboot able to read its config file?

Hm, good question. On the Power5 definately, because the system starts
up fine ;-) On the Power6 i guess too, because the last lines displayed
before the "invalid device" is the kernel image path selected from the
yaboot menu. Sorry for being vage, i don't have the exact output in
front of me right now. I'll post it tomorrow.

Thanks & best regards,

        Frank