Re: Wifi configuration Debian Lenny Ibook G3

I update the kernel to 2.6.28-rc1

I configured the wpa_supplicant.conf:

My /etc/network/interfaces:

# The loopback network interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

# The primary network interface
allow-hotplug eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp

auto eth1
iface eth1 inet dhcp
    wpa-driver wext
    wpa-conf /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf

I try the next command: ifup eth1      and out:

Internet Systems Consortium DHCP Client V3.0.3

Copyright 2004-2005 Internet Systems Consortium.

All rights reserved.

For info, please visit http://www.isc.org/products/DHCP

Listening on LPF/eth1/00:08:54:1c:72:d9

Sending on   LPF/eth1/00:08:54:1c:72:d9

Sending on   Socket/fallback

DHCPDISCOVER on eth1 to port 67 interval 4

DHCPDISCOVER on eth1 to port 67 interval 10

DHCPDISCOVER on eth1 to port 67 interval 7

DHCPDISCOVER on eth1 to port 67 interval 16

DHCPDISCOVER on eth1 to port 67 interval 11

DHCPDISCOVER on eth1 to port 67 interval 13

No DHCPOFFERS received.

I try also: wpa_supplicant -ieth1 -c/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf -Dwext     and out:

Trying to associate with SSID 'linksys'
Authentication with 00:00:00:00:00:00 timed out.

What is wrong?

2009/2/10 Gunther Furtado <gunfurtado@gmail.com>
2009/2/9 Esteban Monge <esteban.francisco@gmail.com>:
> Hello
> I try connect to WiFi network in my work. Have WPA Personal Security with
> TKIP encryption.
> I try use wpa_supplicant, wpagui, network manager and wifi radar but I cant
> connect.
> My machine is a Ibook G3 800MHz with Airport Card. I dont like network
> manager because I use Enlightenment, I like more wifi-radar, but:
> How configure wpa personal security with tkip in wifi radar?
> How configure my network card in /etc/network/interfaces?
> How configure wpa supplicant?
> Sorry for my bad english, and thanks.

I was having a hard time connecting my iBook G3 with an AirPort Card
running lenny using wpa at home. With knetwork-manager  the processes
always hang with no results and the same for wifi radar.

Then I found this tip

I don't know why but It just works for me (now my iBook is at a repair
shop with a dead black screen). If you connect to many wireless
networks it would be very annoying because you would have to do a lot
of /etc/network/interfaces editing.

Gunther Furtado
Curitiba - Paraná - Brasil

Linux user number 478378
Linux machine number 386687
Tec. Esteban Monge Marín
Tel: (506) 8379-3562

"No habrá manera de desarrollarnos y salir de
la pobreza mientras los pocos negocios
grandes de nuestro medio se entreguen a las
economías foráneas y nosotros nos
quedemos con solo negocios de pobre,
mientras en vez de ser propietarios de nuestro
propio país nos convirtamos en un ejército de
empleados del exterior"
José Figueres Ferrer, 1952.