IBM JS21 Blade and debian-40r6-powerpc-netinst.iso

Hello PowerPC folks,

I am having a problem installing the debian-40r6-powerpc-netinst.iso on a IBM JS21 Blade.

we are using the expert64 kernel during the install - it seems the 32bit stuff doesn't boot up properly.

The install process goes well - but after rebooting we see the machine go through its boot process and hangs on the line:

Starting periodic command scheduler: crond.

Its worth noting that the console to this system is frozen - and putty can not connect remotely.

Your thoughts and input are greatly appreciated.
Thanks - Dave O.