Re: What is pbbuttonsd used for nowadays?

On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 13:46:28 +0000, Rafal Czlonka
<rafal.czlonka@googlemail.com> wrote:
> benoar wrote:
>> - backlight dimming is handled by gnome
>> - "function" keys are very well handled by xorg & gnome
>> - suspend to ram is handled by gnome-power-manager
>>
>> What else do you need ?
>
> Not everyone's using Gnome.

OK, that was the trap in my argument.
Anyway, as Gnome is the default desktop in Debian, and as most of the users
use a GUI, I think pbbuttonsd can be said to be kind of useless for most of
the people.
The original poster just seemed to be in that case, so that is why I
answered like that. Of course, some people will have special needs, and
pbbuttonsd is there for them.

Regards,
benjamin