Re: What is pbbuttonsd used for nowadays?

On 30. jan.. 2009, at 02.13, Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:

I notice that my Debian testing install includes pbbuttonsd and starst it at boot. But looking at the home page of that project, it seems that what it offers is already provided by other parts of the system nowadays.
Oh? Witch systems are we talking about?

Well, this was posted on the debian-powerpc mailing list, so I thought
it would be obvious we're talking about a Debian system.  I.e. the
result of a normal Debian install.

Of course, I were merely asking for what other parts you are hinting to.

So is it still useful, and if so for what?
To make machine functions work easy with the keyboard.

I do not know what this means.

Backlit keyboard and screen, volume and such. Probably something i've forgotten. But there you are

      Stefan