Re: RealPlayer audio streams

Hi Hans,

> On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 10:32:05AM +0930, Mike Hore wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> Now, never satisfied, I want to get streaming audio from sites that only provide RealPlayer or WMP formats! These are proprietary, and so not supported by Helix. Helix kindly tells me I need to download RealPlayer 11, but of course when I look there I find that while Linux packages are available in RPM or DEB formats, it's x86 only (as usual).
>
> Perhaps mplayer from the repository http://www.debian-multimedia.org can handle those?

Yes, maybe, and I had a look there the other day, but I'm too much of a Linux newbie to be able to figure out what everything means. I don't really want to tackle compiling from source, and whether or not I do that, I don't really know where to go with it, like how to run it or make it work with Helix or whatever. I need some simple instructions and I don't seem to be able to find them anywhere.

Cheers,  Mike.

          Mike Hore        mike_hore@aapt.net.au