PowerBook G4 has video problems when booted

Hi,

I have a PowerBook G4 Titanium running Ubuntu 8.04 LTS.  When I reboot
it it doesn't always set the graphics mode correctly.  The yaboot starts
and I can read the text but when it switches to graphics, I get a
speculated dark blue screen.  The computer (otherwise) seems to boot
properly, at least, it makes all the correct sounds.

Does anyone have an idea to the cause of this?

--
Just my 0.00000002 million dollars worth,
  Shawn

Programming is as much about organization and communication as it is about coding.

"It would appear that we have reached the limits of what it is possible to achieve with computer technology, although one should be careful with such statements, as they tend to sound pretty silly in 5 years."
  --John von Neumann, circa 1950