Re: G3 Beige Tower install help

On Mon, Sep 08, 2008 at 07:34:43PM +0300, risto.suominen@gmail.com wrote:
> 2008/9/8, Stephen Allen <sda2@sdf.lonestar.org>:

[ ...]

> The other IDE socket has probably the CD drive (hdc)? Maybe the spare
> drive has been as a slave in its earlier life? In Linux, hda/b are
> master/slave on primary ide bus, and hdc/d on secondary.
> Risto

Hi again Risto:

Nope, none of the jumpers were changed, as it turns out. The box has 2 CD drives, both scsi. The other IDE
socket isn't used at the moment. I just saw an Ad on CraigsList today, for several bigger scsi drives at a
great price, so I may be putting in some extra storage. :D

Risto, as you've probably read by now; I've got the G3 Beige up and running with Lenny and even a window
manager, (XFce4). This was due in large part to your help, the only missing link was furnished by Nicolas, in
terms of applying the Apple disk driver again as the installer corrupted it. Once I did that, I was able to
boot into Linux using BootX.

Thanks for all your help !

--
Regards,