Re: G3 Beige Tower install help

Dr. N.R. Helps
Medical Research Council Protein Phosphorylation Unit
College of Life Sciences
MSI/WTB/JBC Complex
University of Dundee
Dundee
DD1 5EH
Scotland

t: 44 (0)1382 384745 (office)
t: 44 (0)1382 388019 (lab)
f: 44 (0)1382 388729
e: n.r.helps@dundee.ac.uk
w: http://www.dnaseq.co.uk/
w: http://www.ppu.mrc.ac.uk

On Mon, Sep 08, 2008 at 10:41:09AM +0100, Nicholas Helps wrote:
> Hello Stephen / all,

Hi Nicholas:

> So, here is the way I got it to work....

[ ...]

Excellent instructions, thanks very much Nicholas ! I'm writing this from
my G3 Beige booted into Lenny- Debian using mutt. :) I'm a happy camper.

I think you have just written the best SxS I've ever seen. You should
write technical manuals. The thing about updating the MacOS disk driver is
all it took, and I was able to boot into the install I had done from
yesterday. Yay !!

Thanks to *Everyone* who helped here. Amazing that there are people around
that remember the incantations one has to do to get these Old World boxen
to work with a current Linux.

Nicolas, do you mind if I add these instructions to the Debian Wiki ? I'll
be sure to give full attribution.

Cheers.

--
Regards,