Re: Can't get xorg working on iBook - Help please!

On Fri, Dec 26, 2008 at 12:39:29PM -0800, Amit Uttamchandani wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Dec 2008 10:27:10 -0700
> "Bob Lounsbury" <boblounsbury@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Has anyone experienced the error in the attached Xorg.0.log file? I've
> > also attached my xorg.conf. I've tried all sorts of changes to the
> > xorg.conf, but nothing works.
>

> It looks like you have an ATI Rage Mobility M3 which is the same as
> what I have on my PowerBook G4. I've had a lot of problems with this
> chip but it's working great now. I have attached my xorg.conf. It
> should work. Let me know if there are any problems.
>
> Amit

 I've seen similar failures ("no screens found") on random versions
of the xorg-ati driver (mostly, only on ppc).  That was in the days
of xorg-7.3, I have no relevant experience with 7.4 (my desktop G4
has now died).  If changing xorg.conf doesn't help, perhaps you can
try a newer version of the ati driver.

Ken