Re: wifi in lenny

2008/12/15 Rafal Czlonka <rafal.czlonka@googlemail.com>
Piotr Kopszak wrote:
> This is hwo far I got. I added two lines to /etc/network/interfaces
>

> allow-hotplug wlan0
> iface wlan

Should be:

allow-hotplug wlan0
iface wlan0 inet dhcp # if your using static ip address use 'static'
instead of 'dhcp'

You'll also need 'wireless-tools' and 'wpasupplicant' (if you're using WPA,
which is a good idea) packages.

Check man and /usr/share/doc - there's all you need.

P.S. Just for the reference, I'm also using 'b43' with bcm4318
(AirPort).

Cheers,
Raf

OK, problem solved. First wifi-radar managed to configure the connection, then I added essid so it looks like this now  and connects automatically

allow-hotplug wlan0
iface wlan0 inet dhcp
wireless-essid networkname

Piotr