From: dale [mailto:dalep1@centurytel.net]
Sent: Monday, 15 December 2008 12:46 PM
To: Benjamin Hoffman
Cc: debian-ppc
Subject: Re: IBM power pc

thanks;

the IBM 7248-133 (43P) Power PC is a 'prep' machine and only boots from
an IBM partition
load a image  'zImage.prep' to SDA1 and load the linux software (root)
on to an another
partition (SDA3)  SDA2 is swap in my case.
power on the PC and it boots.
rebuilding sarge with the latest sarge kernel and proper config builds a
zImage.prep
it is a kernel(vmlinuz) and a (boot) loader, there is no grub or yaboot
involved.
it 'runs' just find, mail and apache2 work o.k.

with etch no such image is built, at least I have not found it.
searched the source tree for zImage.prep, and none was found.

any more ideas?

thanks;

dale