To: dale
Sent: Sunday, December 14, 2008 3:20 PM
Subject: Re: IBM power pc

I installed etch on a 7044 using the net install cd after installing new firmware from IBM.

Described here: http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2008/09/msg00076.html

On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 10:52 AM, dale <dalep1@centurytel.net> wrote:
hi there;

I have a IBM power-pc 7248 model
and would like to upgrade the O.S. (linux debian sarge)
to etch...

have tried to build a new kernel on the 7248
and as of yet not gotten a zImage.prep built

seems that the build (make) does not 'make'
a image for this machine anymore.

the latest sarge kernel works (builds) just fine.

thanks for any help

dale