Re: Debian on a Thinkpad Power Series 820

FWIW I have used both the 4.0r5 multi-arch, 4.0r5 net install, and 4.0r5 Xfce to install Debian successfully on a Power Mac G4 tower.  It takes a few tricks from the magic bag, but I can confirm that the Debain disks work 'as advertised'.
  All my best  - Chris Reich; Rochester, New York
listen to Soundbytes at Soundbytes.org or from iTunes under "Sound Bytes"