Re: Help supporting Debian on a Kurobox

Hi Rogério!

Please don't Cc: me, I read the debian-devel list.

On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 17:11:45 +0200, Rogério Brito wrote:
> On Aug 22 2008, Sven Luther wrote:
>>   1) U-boot is able to boot a uimage.
>
> Right, but how does one generate this uImage? Will it be side-by-side
> of a normal kernel image?

Not that I ever tried, but you should check uboot-mkimage:

======
luca@gismo:~$ apt-cache show uboot-mkimage
Package: uboot-mkimage
[...]
 This package contains the mkimage utility, which encapsulates a compressed
 "uImage" Linux kerel image with header information, CRC32 checksum, etc,
 for use with the U-Boot bootloader.
 .
 mkimage can also be used to create ramdisk images for use
 with U-Boot, either separated from the Linux kernel image, or
 combined into one file. mkimage encapsulates the images with a 64
 byte header containing information about target architecture,
 operating system, image type, compression method, entry points, time
 stamp, CRC32 checksums, etc.

luca@gismo:~$
=====

Thx, bye,