Re: 12" G4 Powerbook with heat issues

On Sun, 2008-06-08 at 02:02 +0200, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> On 07/06/2008, Matthew Ray wrote:
> > /sys/devices/temperature/sensor*temperatures
>
> JFTR: /sys/devices/temperatures/sensor*temperature
>
> > which reports 52 and 67 C and the fan runs frequently.  I opened it up
> > and it runs at 50 and 65 C and the fan seems to be off, but that still
> > seems really hot.
>
> With a G4 iBook, I got 44/47 with no fan running. I seem to recall it's
> quite depending on the surface/texture on which your box is used. On the
> skin, on a pillow, etc., it gets considerably hotter, with fan running
> continuously, while on a flat surface (say: a wood table) everything is
> fine. You could try and maximize the distance between the bottom of the
> box (just below the screen, if Powerbooks and iBooks are similar) and
> where you're putting it, maybe using some “patafix” below the feet, so
> as to ease air cooling.
>
> Mraw,
> KiBi.

The last update I did was Ubuntu.  See
http://www.magma.ca/~shawnhcorey/200805/1209648064.html

I had to prop up my Titanium to to cool its underside.

--
Just my 0.00000002 million dollars worth,
  Shawn

http://www.magma.ca/~shawnhcorey/

Shangri La: 40,000 KM -->

The map is not the territory,
the dossier is not the person,
the model is not reality,
and the universe is indifferent to your theories.