Re: Very weird results with X.org and fresh sid install

Hi, Charles.

Thanks for your answer.

On May 31 2008, Charles Plessy wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> just for the record, I encountered this problem more than one year ago
> on an iBook of similar age.

Thanks for confirming the problem. Indeed, one of the things that I did
was to downgrade X to the stable version (etch) and it didn't work also.
My next step will be to install sarge on this machine, since I almost
desperatly need Linux on it.

> So the cause is probably not to be looked for in recent changes of the
> X packages.

Indeed.

Right now, I'm compiling a kernel 2.6.26-rc4 on this machine just for
the new things regarding the rt2x00 module, to see if my USB dongle can
talk with my access point.

With Debian's 2.6.25 kernel, I can even associate with the access point,
but I get no lease when I fire up dhclient (with everything correctly
configured) and after the card can see the AP. :-(

But, as they say, one problem at a time.

Regards, Rogerio Brito.