Re: Dual Boot Mac Os 9 and Debian PPC

2008/5/26 José JORGE <lists.jjorge@free.fr>:
> hi,
> After 4 days crawling the web, reading many posts, trying various partitions
> positioning (before/after Linux) I still get the Mac OS 9 partitions
> scrambled as soon as I install Debian PPC (or any other distribution I've
> tried) : I get the infamous blinking floppy icon.
> Symptoms :
> - the mac os 9 is not added automaticaly to yaboot conf file (the
> macos=/dev/hda10 line)
> - if I add it manually, choose 'm' at yaboot time, it goes directly to the
> blinking floppy
> - it is a iMacDV
> Any clue?

Can you post your partition table?

Does the 8GB rule apply to the iMac you have (the macos partition must
be at the initial 8GB of the disk)? I solve this once by adding a
100MB /boot partition at the beginning of the disk an then a 7GB
partition for the macos system folder containing partition and only
then all other debian partitions.