Re: Debian 2.6.8 Kernel on MPC8547 in little-endian mode

On Tue, 29 Apr 2008, Koshal, Arun Kumar wrote:
> I want to port debian 2.6.8 Kernel on MPC8547E based system and I want
> to keep the system in true little endian mode. Is debian running on
> PowerPC in little-endian mode stable? Please let me know if there are
> some issues with debian running on PowerPC in true little-endian mode.

Both Debian on PowerPC and Linux on PowerPC support big-endian only.

With kind regards,

Geert Uytterhoeven
Software Architect

Sony Network and Software Technology Center Europe
The Corporate Village · Da Vincilaan 7-D1 · B-1935 Zaventem · Belgium

Phone:    +32 (0)2 700 8453
Fax:      +32 (0)2 700 8622
E-mail:   Geert.Uytterhoeven@sonycom.com
Internet: http://www.sony-europe.com/

Sony Network and Software Technology Center Europe
A division of Sony Service Centre (Europe) N.V.
Registered office: Technologielaan 7 · B-1840 Londerzeel · Belgium
VAT BE 0413.825.160 · RPR Brussels
Fortis Bank Zaventem · BIC GEBABEBB08A · IBAN BE39001382358619