Installation Open-firmware error Rev B iMac

Hello everyone!!

I am trying to install Debian on a 333Mhz iMac for the first time. (I'm a complete newbie) I don't have a CDRW so I'm attempting the "hard-drive" install method (I do have an ethernet internet connection)
I'm getting an error message when trying to boot in  open-firmware

O > boot hd:0,yaboot DISK-LABEL LOAD (noninterposed) notsupportedload-size=0 adler32=1

Everything I know...
I downloaded the files from
http://debian.osuosl.org//debian/dists/Debian4.0r3/main/installer-powerpc/current/images/powerpc/hd-media/

And copied the contents of the boot.image.gz to the rood level of my hard-drive (single partition)

When I try to boot yaboot in open-firmware I get this message.

Everything I'm pretty sure about ...
I copied (only) the contents of the boot.img to the root level of my drive (since the files seemed to be duplicates)
    The directory lists ...
         boot.img.gz
         boot.msg
         initrd.gz
         vmlinux
         yaboot.conf
    Unzipped contents of boot.img.gz  ...
         boot.msg
         initrd.gz
         vmlinux
         yaboot.conf
         yaboot

O > boot hd:0,yaboot  { seems to be the correct drive partition }

I left the initrd.gz file unzipped (the config file refers to initrd.gz)

A few things I am not sure of ...
Do I need to make any changes to the

Should I try powerpc64 intaller? (only I only see cdrom/ and netboot/ on the ftp)
((I tried but got the same error))

Should I try an older version of Debian?

Thanks in advance for any help! It is greatly appreciated!!

Sincerely,

Bryan Pierce