Re: How to build ps3-utils from source

On Tue, 22 Apr 2008, Norberto Feliberty wrote:
> Hi, taking a look at teh install readme file from ps3-utils-2.2.0, as I understand it, I have to build it by typing teh following commands
>
> ./bootstrap # for VCS sources only
> ./configure
> make
> make install
>

> Do I type ./bootstrap # for VCS source only or is there a number I need to type in place of #? what about for VCS source only? Do I type this part as well or is that part supposed to be relaced with something else? Thanks

You just type

    ./bootstrap

Lines starting with `#' are comments. But as the comment says, you only have to
do this when building from the sources in a VCS (Version Control System)!

So the actual list of commands when building from the ps3-utils-2.2.0.tar.bz2
archive is:

    ./configure
    make
    make install

With kind regards,

Geert Uytterhoeven
Software Architect

Sony Network and Software Technology Center Europe
The Corporate Village · Da Vincilaan 7-D1 · B-1935 Zaventem · Belgium

Phone:    +32 (0)2 700 8453
Fax:      +32 (0)2 700 8622
E-mail:   Geert.Uytterhoeven@sonycom.com
Internet: http://www.sony-europe.com/

Sony Network and Software Technology Center Europe
A division of Sony Service Centre (Europe) N.V.
Registered office: Technologielaan 7 · B-1840 Londerzeel · Belgium
VAT BE 0413.825.160 · RPR Brussels
Fortis Bank Zaventem · Swift GEBABEBB08A · IBAN BE39001382358619