Re: Issues with Debian Lenny on Powerbook G4

On Sat, Apr 19, 2008 at 10:18:52PM -0700, Amit T Uttamchandani wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> I recently upgraded the hard drive of my laptop and decided to take the chance
> and plunge to lenny. I had Etch running beautifully on this laptop.
>
> The lenny experience started out beautifully but there are several issues I came
> across with:
>
>  1. Xorg.conf
>    * No matter what I tried I couldn't get X to start. The furthest I have gone is
> with X starting but I get a blank black screen.
>    * I even used the old xorg.conf from my etch machine but it didn't work either.

 I don't know which driver version is in lenny, but if this is the
radeon driver it sounds like what I've seen on a self-compiled late
6.7 version of the ati driver on a G4 mac mini.  6.8.0 works fine
for me on that box.  If you _are_ using the radeon driver, you might
be able to revert to a 6.6 driver.

ĸen