Re: 2.6.25-rc3 (g7704a8b) - freezer for suspend broken?

Hi

On Sun, Mar 02, 2008 at 04:27:19PM +0100, Wolfgang Pfeiffer wrote:
> Hi All
>
> Unstable Debian here, most packages last upgraded about 2 months ago.
>
> On a Powerbook5,8
>
> With git sources pulled last Friday: The kernel compiled nicely - it
> even booted (I don't take that for granted, with fresh sources and my
>  - at best - incomplete knowledge, especially when it comes to the new
> kernel switches .. :) ..
>
> Here's the .config:
> http://www.geocities.com/wolfgangpfeiffer/config.2.6.25-rc3-g7704a8b.txt
>
> .. but sadly, with 'CONFIG_SUSPEND_FREEZER=y' the machine can be set
> into sleep mode (sleep LED blinking like I was used to it with
> 2.6.18).
> But instead of waking up when pressing the power button, the
> system/machine simply was shut down. Logs that I found on it so far in
> /var/log - the excerpt below should be one created the moment I
> pressed the power button to get the machine into sleep mode, or the
> moment I tried to resume from sleep ... not being sure:

I have the same problem on my machine. It does not matter if I enable
the freezer for suspend-to-ram or not. Hibernation (aka suspend-to-disk)
works though.

So AFAICS this is not related to the freezer.

If you have some time you could use "git bisect" to find the excat
commit which broke suspend. 2.6.24 was OK for me.

Gaudenz