Re: How to install testing version of Debain on PS3

On Wed, 27 Feb 2008, Norberto Feliberty wrote:
> Hi, Thanks for the reply. You mean I have to build  my own kernel from
> scratch in order to get debain working on the ps3? If so, this is way over my

If you want to install using genuine Debian CDs: yes, as Debian doesn't provide
kernel images for PS3 yet.

> head. I have the latest otheros.bld file installed on my ps3  A while back,
> tried an unofficial debain version for ps3 which produced a 60hz screen
> refreshed rate better than any other distro came with. If this is too
> difficult now. I hope to try debain as soon as it becomes easier to install.

I guess that was http://www.keshi.org/moin/PS3/Debian/Live?
I think you can still use it. The nice thing about Debian is that you never
have to reinstall, just do apt-get dist-uprade ;-)

With kind regards,

Geert Uytterhoeven
Software Architect

Sony Network and Software Technology Center Europe
The Corporate Village · Da Vincilaan 7-D1 · B-1935 Zaventem · Belgium

Phone:    +32 (0)2 700 8453
Fax:      +32 (0)2 700 8622
E-mail:   Geert.Uytterhoeven@sonycom.com
Internet: http://www.sony-europe.com/

Sony Network and Software Technology Center Europe
A division of Sony Service Centre (Europe) N.V.
Registered office: Technologielaan 7 · B-1840 Londerzeel · Belgium
VAT BE 0413.825.160 · RPR Brussels
Fortis Bank Zaventem · Swift GEBABEBB08A · IBAN BE39001382358619