Re: ibook G3 Wireless problem

Hallo!

I think the Airport (not Airport Extreme) can only handle WEP encryption, not WPA encryption. That's because the hardware of the Airport (not Airport Extreme) only knows 802.11b, that means only WEP and not WPA.

That is not true. My G3 800 Mhz iBook can handle WPA - under Mac OS X. Ansers to my question in this list a long time ago claimed that the missing support for WPA is a *Linux driver* problem. I don't know if this might change now with new WLAN drivers entering the kernel. Perhaps somebody else activly monitoring kernel development can give a judgement?

--
Gruß...
       Tim