Re: Xorg, unstable and iBookG4

leandro noferini <lnoferin@cybervalley.org> wrote:
> Ciao a tutti,

Hi,

> From some days  my xorg does not work well because  it cannot display at
> 1024x768 but only at 800x600.  Anything changed in the configuration but
> I noticed a  strange behaviour: in xorg.conf I had  this line (it worked

I noticed the same problem a few days ago on my etch system (with packages I
backported from testing, unstable and even experimental). I assumed that I
did something wrong while backporting so I am interessted to hear that it
even happens with standard Debian unstable.

> This is the situation:
> Package: xserver-xorg-video-ati
> Version: 1:6.7.197-1

I went for 1:6.7.198~git20080101.f65374f5-1 because I expected to have a
working vga output with them (did also not work).

At the end I went back to the X packages from stable and had again
1024x768. If you find out what causes the problem or when it disapears with
newer packages I would welcome a small notice.

> Ciao
> leandro

regards
 Thorsten