Re: browser

--- Albert Cahalan <albert@users.sf.net> wrote:

> These PowerPC machines are getting rather weak by
> modern standards. What do we do for a browser?
> My 512 MB G4 is now worse than my old 64 MB
> Pentium-133 which ran Netscape.
>
> I just got rid of all my firefox plug-ins, and it's
> still

it would help if you had told us what "it" is.
i mean, which browser you are currently using.
(as well as it of maybe which debian are you running)

> agonizingly slow. I'm slightly tempted to upgrade
> to see if the problem goes away, but you know how
> that usually goes. :-(
>
> I think I'm running pretty much the last version
> prior to the silly name change.

funny thing happened to me. I was disgust with missing
images in iceweasel and another composer thing
crashing
so i installed iceape-browser. ??? its like 3 times
faster and all images show up.

not only that but going back to iceweasel the images
missing at ebay they show up now with iceape-browser
installed...

it would still be nice if amaya did not crash right
away at startup. and if dillo and w3m did work out
of the box without my having to rebuild them. I think
there is some quality control issues around browser
support in debian.

opera is not bad i used it last year when testing was
without firefox for several weeks ... but it was not
faster for what I do.

software freedom for me has a lot to do with having
choices. especially from the mainstream ...