Re: Mac Mini: problem displaying on 1600x1200 LCD

On 9/21/07, Mich Lanners <mlan@cpu.lu> wrote:
> Hello Michel,
>
> On  21 Sep, this message from Michel Dänzer echoed through cyberspace:
> > On Wed, 2007-09-19 at 21:21 +0200, Mich Lanners wrote:
> >>
> >> After much trying and testing, what finally made it work is
> >> specifying
> >>
> >>         Option          "UseFBDev"              "true"
> >>
> >> Since there seems to be ongoing work on the radeon driver, I thought
> >> it might be useful to report the problem. For me the workaround is
> >> OK....
> >
> > The current upstream development version of the radeon driver no
> > longer supports Option "UseFBDev" though as it's incompatible with
> > several other driver features, in particular RandR 1.2. Please try
> > xserver-xorg-video-ati from sid and experimental.
>
> Neither of them detects any EDID.
>
> At home, sid (1:6.6.193-3) still defaults to a sane mode driving the
> "right" output (DVI) by default. I guess this is because of "UseFBDev".
>
> However, experimental (1:6.7.192-4) does not produce any valid mode by
> default. Even specifying
>
>         Option          "PreferredMode"         "1280x1024"
>
> does not make it show anything. According to the log, it's trying to
> drive the DVI, and it (correctly, AFAICT) reports that the two other
> ports don't have a connection. Also, in experimental, the section
> showing the possible and chosen video modes is missing from the log.
> Find attached the log for 1:6.6.193-3 and 1:6.7.192-4, the latter being
> incomplete since it stops with 100% CPU at that point, and needs a kill
> -9...
>
> What else do you need as information? What do you want me to try?

The mac mini needs a custom connector table like most other macs.
what connectors does it have? based on apple's web site, it looks like
it has just a DVI port that can drive DVI or VGA or tv-out (via DVI
adapters).  I'm guessing it uses internal TMDS and the TV DAC.  The
question is what ddc line it uses.  Does adding the following option
in the device section of your config help?

Option "ConnectorTable" "X,1,0,3,0,1,2,6"

replace X with 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 until you get DDC working.

Once we sort this out, I'll add a MacModel option for the mini.

Alex