Re: Bug #400919: Bug affecting Kino (and Cinelerra) on PowerPC, any ideas?

> On Thu, 2007-01-04 at 19:46 +0100, Herman Robak wrote:
> > DV video playback in Kino is unusably slow on Debian Sid for PowerPC.
> > I get only 1-2 frames per second on a Mac mini, whereas Mplayer and
> > Vlc both give smooth playback.
>
> This is because libdv is broken for big-endian systems, and not
> optimized for PPC. The dv decoder in FFMPEG is faster and looks correct.

Amen to that. This is an old bug; incredible enough no one bothered to fix
libdv for big endian systems yet?

> IIRC kino will use the ffmpeg decoder if it is available, or used to
> anyway. Solution is to investigate seeing how kino can use the ffmpeg
> decoder.

That's been done - IIRC Guido Guenther provided ffmpeg enabled binaries at
http://honk.sigxcpu.org/linux-ppc/debian ...

is ffmpeg OK to distribute now?

	Michael