Re: Bug #400919: Bug affecting Kino (and Cinelerra) on PowerPC, any ideas?

Hi Herman,

On Thu, 2007-01-04 at 19:46 +0100, Herman Robak wrote:
> DV video playback in Kino is unusably slow on Debian Sid for PowerPC.
> I get only 1-2 frames per second on a Mac mini, whereas Mplayer and
> Vlc both give smooth playback.

This is because libdv is broken for big-endian systems, and not
optimized for PPC. The dv decoder in FFMPEG is faster and looks correct.
IIRC kino will use the ffmpeg decoder if it is available, or used to
anyway. Solution is to investigate seeing how kino can use the ffmpeg
decoder.

Cheers,

Andy.
--