Re: Kernel 2.6.23-1 disables brightness controls?

Hi,

As always, just my two cents of the top of my head - not really trying
to provide a solution. The technically sound folks here might provide
a better idea.

On Dec 25, 2007 2:54 PM, Denís Fernández Cabrera <denis@ceibes.org> wrote:
> Hello people,
>
> I have recently upgraded my laptop (iBook G4) to kernel 2.6.23-1,
> which seems to be working perfectly in everything but the control of
> screen brightness.

Ah, it's things like these that scares me from upgrading! Do let us
know as and when this gets fixed.

> The screen is fixed to some intermediate level of brightness which I
> can't change. Whenever I press Fn+F1 or F2, the dialog of GTKPBButtons
> appears, but displaying "Brightness 0%", and never changing the value
> nor the real brightness of the screen.

I presume the Volume/mute is working fine? How about the power button?
If both are "yes" then the issue might boil to graphics/video related
packages!

--
Regards
PK