Kernel 2.6.23-1 disables brightness controls?

Hello people,

I have recently upgraded my laptop (iBook G4) to kernel 2.6.23-1,
which seems to be working perfectly in everything but the control of
screen brightness.

The screen is fixed to some intermediate level of brightness which I
can't change. Whenever I press Fn+F1 or F2, the dialog of GTKPBButtons
appears, but displaying "Brightness 0%", and never changing the value
nor the real brightness of the screen.

Does anybody else experience this? Does anbody know how to fix it, or
to what it can be related?

Thanks in advance,
Denís.

--