Do nvidia based ibooks/powerbooks support backlight adjustment via sysfs?

Hi,

  For hal we want to deprecate using the PMU for brighness control if possible.
  With recent kernels it seems both Nvidia and Radeon have backlight support
  now. On my powerbook G4 with a radeon this works fine.

  So i'd like to hear from some people running nvidia based machine how well
  (or not) it works for them.. And ofcourse information about machines where it
  does not work (regardless of video chipset)

  To test:
    - Become root
    - See if you have an entries in /sys/class/backlight. For example for me
      this is radeonbl0
    - echo some value to the brightness file and see if your screen brightness
      changes :) (for example echo 5 > /sys/class/backlight/radeonbl0/brightness)

  Sjoerd
--
One Bell System - it sometimes works.