Re: internet connection not working

On Wed, Nov 28, 2007 at 06:12:32PM -0600, Joe Corneli wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just did a minimal installation from CD without an internet
> connection, because for some reason the installation program couldn't
> configure the internet to use it.  I had successfully done the full
> netinstall using the same CD and computer earlier, and my internet
> connection works with another computer.  Can you give me any advice on
> how to decide whether my computer is broken?

You'll need to describe your setup in a little more detail.

I /assume/ that you have some for of networked router which is happily
talkign to another computer but not this one?

Also a description of your IP settings will help.

Yours Tony

  linux.conf.au        http://linux.conf.au/ || http://lca2008.linux.org.au/
  Jan 28 - Feb 02 2008 The Australian Linux Technical Conference!