Re: X server lock up after upgrade to 7.3

Am Wednesday 17 October 2007 schrieb Michel Dänzer:
> On Tue, 2007-10-16 at 20:45 +0200, Martin Kuball wrote:
> > >
> > > Some kinds of attachments may be blocked, though I'm not sure why
> > > that would be the case here. Maybe the log file was too large?

> > > If you can't put them up somewhere for us to look at, why not.
> >
> > I don't have webspace at hand. So here we go.
>
> [...]
>
> > Current Operating System: Linux spock 2.6.15n #1 Mon Jan 30 22:23:56
> > CET 2006 ppc
>
> Can you try a newer kernel, e.g. current linux-image-powerpc?
Yes, and it makes no difference at all.

> You may also want to try xserver-xorg-video-ati 6.7.19x from
> experimental.
>
> > (==) RADEON(0): Using AGP 2x
>
> May also be worth trying Option "AGPMode" "1".

Well, for the time being I'm rather satisfied with the non-dri solution. I
don't notice any speed degradiation. And I'm not doing any graphics
intense stuff on the notebook anyway. So I guess I stick with it and wait
for new version do emerge in unstable.

Thanks again.